Basic Land Navigation Course (BLNC)
ASYMMETRIC TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT GROUP ATAG LLC
PROGRAM OF INSTRUCTION
BASIC LAND NAVIGATION TRAINING COURSE
LENGTH: 1 Day
COURSE: 1 DAY BASIC LAND NAVIGATION TRAINING COURSE
TITLE: BASIC LAND NAVIGATION COURSE (BLNC)
TRAINING LOCATION: DOUGLAS, MASSACHUSETTS
PURPOSE: To present a Course of Instruction to Active Members of Search and Rescue Teams/Civilians/Law Enforcement/Fire and Rescue
- Determine Grid Coordinates using UTM/MGRS Grid Coordinates.
- Plotting Grid Coordinates.
- Grid/Magnetic Azimuths.
- Understanding GM Angle
- Converting Azimuths from Grid to Magnetic.
- Understanding the Lensatic Compass.
- Moving from Known Points to Unknown Points.
- Introduction to GPS Operation/Usage and Limits.
- Terrain Features.
- Use of Map Overlays.
- Navigating without a Compass.
SPECIAL INFORMATION: The 1 Day Training Course is physically challenging and individuals who plan on attending should be in good physical condition.
Equipment Requirements: Eye Protection, baseball type hat, full-length pants, boots, gloves, tick and bug spray, canteen or water bladder, sunscreen.
Optional Items: Compass, GPS, Communication equipment if operating as member of organized SAR (Search and Rescue Team).
Class Size: 10 (min)/30(max)
Cost: $75.00 (NO FEE FOR RI EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY COURSE. ATTENDEES MUST BE A MEMBER OR AN ACTIVE SEARCH AND RESCUE TEAM)